- Paragliding – feel like flying with the birds? Paragliding has become very popular and is available all over the Chamonix Valley
- Via ferrata – follow the iron ropeway that helped the locals to get round the military troops below at high altitude during the war.
- Mountain biking/VTT
- Sight seeing
- Lake swimming
- Water sports – windsurfing and sailing are available at Lac lemon and Lake Annecy
- Tennis available in Chamonix and Les Houches
- Golf – the beautiful Chamonix Golf club welcomes you to play around of golf whilst looking up at the Mont Blanc range.
- Horse riding is available in Les Houches
- road biking
- Luge – summer slege run
- Adventure tree park – swing and climb the in the tree tops a superb afternoon out.
- Merlet animal park – wildlife park containing animals of the are including marmottes, deer, wild goats, ibex
- Ice skating
- Gardens – there are a few gardens open to the public within the area, a particular favourite is the Jardins des Cimes in Passy.
- explore local history
- French lessons
There are many beautiful trails to follow that suit hikers of all abilities. Guides can be arranged if prefered or the tourist offices offers groups walks if you would like to meet new people.
It is essential to have lessons with a professional guide if you are not an experianced climber – please request more info.
Mountain bike trail maps (VTT) can be picked up at the office du Tourism in the Village. Bikes can be hired locally.
Italy, France, Switerland the options are endless!
Lac du Passy is the nearest lake for swimming however there are a few in the area. Annecy, Lac Lemon are just under and just over an hour away.
The nearest is in Les Houches village, however there a numerous in Chamonix Centre.
More info of routes from the office du tourism
Point and shoot you can’t go wrong
Local artists organise painting lessons by request
Local teachers are available for weekly programmes or private lessons
Ideal location for
Family holidays, adventure holidays, group activities, team building excercises. Painting groups, yoga retreats, learn French